Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"StarStruck"

So I was really lucky to extra for a Disney channel Original Movie for two days last week. It is coming out in February and is called "StarStruck." It stars Disney channel stars, Sterling Knight, Chelsea Staub, Brandon Smith, and a few more new comers. We were there from 10:15am-2:00am one day and 11:45am-11:45pm the following day. Long days...but I gotta build up that pre-production stamina!! Our feet were killing us by the end of the day! We got wardrobe, make-up, and hair done for this shoot! It was soo cool! I felt like I was the star of the movie!
We had a lot of fun on set just gawking and watching the actors at work. Here is some dirt....

This is Brandon Smith, he is on Sonny With A Chance, with Demi Lovato and Sterling Knight. This kid was on crack!! seriously!! haha no not seriously...but he did throw back like 5 red bulls in like 2 hours! He was full of soooo much energy! He is 20 years old and pretty funny! He surprisingly would drop some F* bombs and random cuss words here in there...but they were always to make a joke and in a good manner.

Now I know these kids are 20 years old...but it still shocks me to hear them cussing because they hold such a wholesome image on the Disney channel. It was just a little shocking. At one point he had to pretend like he was talking to us for a shot they were getting from across the street...so this means there was no audio. He was standing there going crazy talking about f*cking midgets and doing the motions...I mean don't get me wrong...it was hilarious...but vulgar and surprising.

He was really cool and made friends with the extras!!


THIS is maaaa GIRL, Chelsea Staub!!! She is 21 and is on
Jonas. She is absolutely fantastic and such a doll! We had to do a scene outside as if we were waiting in line to get into the under 21 club. We were in line and she was on the other side of the red velvet rope signing autographs and taking pictures. It just so happened that her starting mark was right in front of me. So we got to talking and what not! She signed an autograph for Annalise and wrote, "To: Annalise, I had fun hanging out with your sister! Love, Chelsea Staub
--How freakin adorable?

I also (obviously) made myself look like an idiot by saying, "So, after this movie comes out is Disney going to give you your own show? haha" in which she replied, "oh, haha, I'm on a show called Jonas!" (I was like oh sh*t!! ...but don't worry, I recovered) I was like, "OMG yeah...you're their stylist on the show" and she was like "haha yeah!"

So basically I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chelsea Staub!!! Very cool, very sweet, very pretty.

When we came back the next night to shoot we ran into each other and it was like running into an old girlfriend...I was like omg heyyy and she was like hayyyy. and that was it! haha but it was still really cool.

This is Sterling Knight! He took this photo of himself! This is the most recent/decent photo of him. He is NOT photogenic! He looks like 500 times better in person! This is his Twitter account pic. The picture below is him with hottie-botottie Zac Efron on 17 Again. He is also on Sonny With A Chance.

So this extra-ing gig was PERFECT for me and Sara.
Setting: Under 21 club for Alexis' (Chelsea Staub) Birthday Party! Chris Wilder (Sterling) comes out and performs for her.
All we had to do was listen to the house band and dance a little until Sterling comes out and surprises everybody and he starts performing his song "Shades" (it's so catchy)! We are supposed to go crazy and be huge fans of a blonde, blue-eyed, teen pop sensation. It was a huge stretch for Sara and I and we really had to dig deep to be able to act this out....BAHAHAHA!!!
Sara and I were literally front and center so he grabbed our hands like 36 times (each take) and winked at ME pretty much every time! I don't know why he chose me...but I'm just gonna say it's because he thought I was pretty.

That was reallllly freakin cool to watch! We always wanted to be extras in a club/concert scene...and now we are...for a Disney Channel Original Movie! ...and as Mary Lowe said, "add a little bruce springsteen and some skinny jeans and thats basically how courtney cox was discovered" So I mean...basically I am on my way to starring in a hit TV show that runs for 10 years!

ok...so let me now tell you a little bit about this little 20-year-old. He is real cute, his voice is f*cking annoying, and he has beautiful dyed locks! Most of you already knew this...So I'm gonna give you the DIRT on this "wholesome Disney Kid!"

At first he seemed real nice...cracking jokes with the director and co-stars. BUT THEN...he started cussing, dropping the F*bomb, using the Lord's name in vain and trying too hard to look cool in front of all the extras (who's ages ranged from 18-25). For example-he had to get on his knees for one part of the song and the director made him stay like that for like 3 minutes (OMG) and when he got up he was moaning and groaning about how bad his knees hurt and then proceeded to say, "wow, now I know why it is courtesy to throw down a pillow!" ...like WHAT? WHO are you...you little boy who thinks hes so cool!

Another reason Sterling Knight is too cool for school....HE SMOKES!!! Like WHAT the hec, little boy, do YOU have to be stressed about? WHY are you smoking? I just thought you were kind of a D*ck...but you smoke too? Forget about it! You're whack!

I'm not going to lie...It took a while for me to get extremely turned off...but after spending almost 30 hours with this kid...I was over it.

Anyway---all in all it was a great experience! We made a couple new friends, ate delicious food, and made a couple hundred buckeroonies. I look forward to working on a Disney set in the future so I can get even more dirt on these so-called wholesome Disney kids.

oh. P.S. I was't StarStruck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love sterling--wasn't turned off at all. i'm tryna get his number!!!! hahaha and don't pretend like you didn't tweet him today!

youknowwho

Kristen said...

Chelsea Staub sounds pretty awesome and basically like your new bff... aka I'm expecting to see pics of you guys together on FB. And Sterling pretty much sounds like a d-bag.

Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!!