Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Remember, Hollywood is not America"

This is Tony Cohen! What an Italian studdd!!!

So much to catch up on!!! and since my attention span is shorter than 2 year old's I am going to break the entries up according to the topic of the story.

I'll start with my working interview I went to for Tony Cohen that I talked about going to in my previous entry. I was assisting Tony, along with 5 other potential candidates, at an open audition for his new movie "The Devil's Symphony."

The 'interview' was at Cyrus and Cyrus law firm. Cyrus is one of the biggest entertainment lawyers in Hollywood and represents "all of the hottest girls in Hollywood" haha.
Anyway--they held the audition there because they were auditioning new comers and unsigned talent that Cyrus could potentially sign, also because Cyrus is working with Tony on the project.

So I arrive at the law firm in Beverly Hills around 3:30pm and literally within one minute of introducing myself Tony throws me the script and says "I need you to go through this and find four different scenes where the four girls are talking then make 10 copies of each, I need those in 5 minutes, thanks!" I was like ooooohhhhhhhh snap! The script was like 140 pages long of a story that I knew nothing about. After I finished that I ran back up to the room where the auditions were being held to give him the copied scripts. When I got there he was reviewing the head shots of all the actresses down stairs. "bring her up, I want to see her, oooh she is beautiful, definitely bring her up!" he looks at me and says, "I'll be the first to tell you, I am the shallowest mother fucker you'll meet...I'm kind of known as a dick." Of course the first thing that runs through my mind is, Oh great...I wonder what he thinks of me!

So basically all I did that night was get the girls from the holding area and brought them up to the audition room. They were all very nice and obviously very pretty.

When the auditions finally ended around 9:30pm he took the six of us assistants to the conference room to talk about what was going to happen with us. This is where things got real...."Hollywood."

He was telling us stories about going skiing in Utah with Steven Spielberg, going out to lunch with John Travolta, and dropping 2 mil for his buddy, the REAL creator of Entourage from getting even more screwed over by Mark Wahlberg.

I was in awe! I couldn't believe the stories he was telling us. About his new reality shows that he tried pitching to a few networks and they all said no...so what does he decide to do? Start his OWN television network!!! haha like how do you do that?!

He also mentioned that if we weren't willing to put in 14 hour days for his company, than to not even think about working for him. He also said that if he arrives to the office before you--you're fired, if you have a bad attitude--you're fired, if you make him look stupid--you're fired.

He also said that we would have to sign about 130 different documents and contracts stating that we would not speak of anything that goes on in the office. He told us a story about how him, John Travolta, and Johnathan Krane (his partner) went out to eat one day for lunch--he had just hired the front desk receptionist and she got so star struck, she called her boyfriend to tell him, then he called TMZ and they showed up at the restaurant that they were eating at. Tony went outside and told the paparazzi that he would give him $500 plus an exclusive with John Travolta if he told him who told him that they were there. He did and they traced it back to the new receptionist and he went back to the office and fired her before her first day was over. cah-razyyy!!!!

I was so blown away by all of this!!

Soo---I haven't heard anything back from him yet about being his assistant...but he said he wanted to take all of us on within the month for a trial week to see if we like it and if he likes us.
I actually just heard back from his first assistant saying that they need people to help promote a new DVD that is coming out...so I have to email her back about that when I get back from home!

sooooo I'll keep ya'll updated with thaatttttttttttttt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl that is CaRaAZY!! But won't you get fired for even writing about this on your blog hahah. I hope you get the job, sounds amazing :) !

As always mucho amor

Andrew

Mari302 said...

haha no...bc I didn't write about the REAL dirt...aka...movies he is working on, the cast, etc!!! ;) i know way too much..and I know you know how hard it is for me to keep it all to myself!! haha ahh

Kristen said...

holy crap mariah! that is some crazy stuff!!!! esp. the part about TMZ and the paparazzi... WOW!!