1. First Freelance PA job on the set of a potential Super Bowl commercial
I applied for thiss position on Craigslist one day and the next I received an email stating that I got the job, the call time, and the location of the shoot! no interview? they don't want to meet me? This is strange...but ooook!
My call time was 7am and it was about an hour away so that meant I had to get up at 5am to make it there on time.
The shoot went until 10pm. Do the math--thats a 15 hour day. Yikes! My responsibilities included dressing the set, setting up and breaking down craft services, running errands, picking up cigarette butts, etc.
The commercial--it is for the "Doritos Crash the Super Bowl" contest. Basically create a 30 second Doritos commercial and then they pick six and then America votes for their favorite and then that commercial is played during the super bowl.. Voting begins 1/5/10. Grand Prize is $1,000,000 but the top 6 all get a cash prize. The only way I get paid for that day is if we get at least top 3. There fore I am going to need all of YOU to vote! I will put the link on here when it comes out.
So I found out at the end of the day that I wass working with a somewhat "A-list crew" Gwyneth Paltrows make-up artist, the art director from Transformers, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Spider man.
I also made some new friends. One girl in particular named Binta! She is from Alabama but her parents are from Africa and her father still resides there. She lived in Sierra Leone, Africa from age 7 to 11 when she had to flee because of the civil war! She witnessed her parents having machine guns held to their heads. She hates the south so she went to school in Pittsburgh and now lives in LA. Her and I had so much in common...besides the obvious. But our interest and love for television and working in the industry were the same! I had so much fun talking with her and plan on hanging out with her soon. She luckily lives in Sherman Oaks which isn't to far from me. My first friend out here that is a girl! YAY! haha
This is a picture of them shooting the Doritos commercial. That kid was the chem kid in Juno.

2. Sat next to Jordin Sparks on my flight from Burbank to Phoenix!
Let me first start out by saying that I am probably the biggest creeper you will ever meet. I will tell you why: She was one of the first 10 people to get on the plane and I was one of the first 35. Southwests doesn't have assigned seats so of course once I got on the plane I found Jordin and sat next to her. Since I was one of the first 35 people on the plane there were plenty of window and aisle seats available...but I decided to take the middle seat riiiiiight next to her (there was somebody in the aisle seat in her row).
I was sos nervous to talk to her! So nervous that I waited until we were unbuckling our seat belts at the Phoenix gate to finally say something. (after an hour and a half flight)! This is how our conversation went:
Me: Hi Jordin, I am such a big fan
Jordin: Thank you.
Me: (uh is that it? that was awkward and she wasn't that nice)
Jordin: Thanks, Thank you, Thanks so much
Me: Ya, I really love your music! i actually went to one of your concerts last summer in NYC with Jesse McCartney!
Jordin: aww, I miss him so much! I haven't seen him in so long! He is so fun! I really miss him!
Me: Thats so cool!
(pilot comes on the speaker)
Me: Do you have a connecting flight?
Jordin: No, I live here.
Me: Oh, thats right your from Arizona. Thats nice...going home for the wkend!
Jordin: Ya, my brother has a football game!
Me: aw, thats so nice!
Jordin: ya
awwwkkk silence
Me: Well I hope your voice gets better (her voice was hoarse and scratchy--barely there)
Jordin: Thanks, I don't know what happen...I just woke up and it was like this.
Me: Oh no...do you have any events coming up?
Jordin: I have a couple things in NY and then the Jingle Ball tour!
Me: OOO thats fun!
Jordin: ya, I can't wait!
Me: well it was nice chatting with you!
Jordin: Yeah, it was so nice seeing you!
This is her on her iPone waiting at the gate in Burbank right across from me

3. Home-Phillie-Ween! (Homecoming, World Series, Halloween)!
SOOO MUCH FUN!!!! So glad I got to see so many friends and that I misssed so much! I love reunions and alcohol!! ;) haha!
Veronica and I at Deer Park's Halloween Party! She whipped this costume up in literally 20 minutes!! Thank You so much!!! :)

My baby Grant at Homecoming!!

I believe this picture defines Homecoming pretty dang well!!

Ma main ladiess!! :)

GO PHILS!!!!!

4. Wings-to-Go, Dunkin Donuts, WaWa, and Capriottis
I ate soooooo much while I was home...I gained 4 pounds. no.lie.
5. Extended my trip TWICE!
I was only supposed to be home from 10/28-11/2. But I decided that I would make more money working at home than not working in LA. So I extended it to Thursday the 5th. But then decided to just book the same flight as Sara on the 10th so I wouldn't have to make the long flight by myself or be alone in the dungeon for 5 days.
6. 1314 N. DuPont Road
I absolutely LOVE hanging out with these girls!! ...and by these girls I mean Natalie and her roommates Kaylyn, Julia, and (I will always refer to her as a roommate even if shes not) Emily. They are so much fun and so welcoming! They have the most adorable house in probably THEE best location in Trolley Square. From the plants to the table cloth (shout out to jewls) to all of the pictures hanging everywhere they really know how to make a house feel like a home.
I spent the night over there 3 times and slept like a babbbbby each night! (nat, your bed is amazing).
I give these girls mad props. They all have full time "adult" jobs and still know how to have fun and go out and even work out. God bless 'em because I know if I were in their position I would be eating fast food every meal, not working out, and way too tired to go out on the weekends.
They.are.so.much.fun!!!! Thanks for letting me basically live at your house while I was home!! :)
Emily, Nat, Kay, Jewls, and myself at Hooligans for the Eagles Cowboys game!

7. Returning to LA
So I got a phone call less than 24 hours before our flight back to LA from Sara letting me know that she would not be able to fly back with me because she got an interview in NY on Thursday. I was so excited for her but at the same time really upset that I would have to make the 10 hour flight (yes 10 hours-philly to st. louis to vegas to burbank) alone...again. As if leaving home wasn't hard enough!
I met a really interesting man on my flight from St. Louis to Las Vegas. We talked about 3/4 of the flight. He was really cool until he went all religious on me and freaked me out a little bit. But all in all it was a pretty interesting conversation and he gave me drink coupons...so of course I took advantage of that and got Baily's Irish Cream on the rocks...a double...oooo.
Got to Burbank around 9:30pm and my nugget landlord was nice enough to pick me up.
8. Already booked
I was booked to be an audience member on CMT's "The Singing Bee" hosted by "Reba" star, Melissa Peterman. She is soooo much prettier in real life and just as funny! We taped two episodes from 1-7:30pm and I made $50. After that they asked us if we wanted to go sit in the audience of a pilot they were shooting called "Love and Relationships" -- Think The View...but with PhD's. I did that for 2 and a half hours and made $18. woot. oy!
I pick her up from the airport tomorrow around 8:30pm. Can't wait!!

2 comments:
awesome! sounds like a funny flight to vegas.. sometimes i love the random people i get seated next to!!
was there a 1 through 6... or did i miss something? haha
haha I accidentally posted it before I was finished! but it's done now! take a look at 1 through 6! haha
Post a Comment