Friday, November 20, 2009

my life in youtube videos plus what rhymes with jingles?

Sooooooo I felt the need to update this since I haven't in a while...
Probably because there hasn't been that much going on since I've been back...
...still barely working for Brett (the producer I'm assisting) barely babysitting and barely extra-ing.

Speaking of extra-ing, I have extra-ed for "The Singing Bee" twice already in the past week and have to do it again tomorrow! It's not a bad show... I'm just really not looking forward to it. You have to have high energy and it takes up your whole day and you only get paid $50. Don't get me wrong...I need money and I'll work for whatever money I can get...I just really don't feel like sitting through 2 more episodes of "The Singing Bee." Here is like a promotional video for the show! It's really fun...I just hate faking the high energy when I could care less!


whoa...I just read what I wrote and I apologize for the complaining...just needed to vent a little.

On a happier note, I decided I am just going to post some of my favorite youtube videos at the moment!



Rhap Salazr on ellen. 12 years old (so obvi i love him) and he is singing my lip syncing specialty!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRchSwJ9gSs


On a disgusting note, I went to the doctors today because 1. I need to find a primary doctor out here and 2. because I got a disgusting looking rash on my chest and back that was really freaking me out and wanted to get checked out. I say I was freaking out because I have never had a rash in my life...well except when I was a baby, I suppose, like on my butt or something...i don't know.

So anyway I went to a doctor (who was AWESOME by the way! love him already!) and before I could tell him what I thought gave me the rash (I thought it was from the gel of my Victoria's Secret bra insert) he told me I have Shingles!

My first thoughts were: don't only old people get this? How could I get this? What caused this? whyyyyy? it's so ugly! why does it hurt/itch so much?

My doctor then told me it is from stress and then asked me if I just recently moved out to LA? have I started a new job? new boyfriend?

My answers: yes, yes, NO! (gahhh where are all the boys at?)

What is shingles?

Shingles is a viral infection of the nerve roots. It causes pain and often causes a rash on one side of the body, the left or right. The rash appears in a band, a strip, or a small area. Shingles is most common in older adults (wtf) and people who have weak immune systems because of stress, injury, certain medicines, or other reasons. Most people who get shingles will get better and will not get it again. (thank God)


Now, I know what some of you are thinking..."What does she have to stress about? She is living it up in LA"

But let me tell you, it is quite the opposite. I barely go out. I am constantly applying for jobs and not getting them, I'm constantly thinking about money and how I am going to pay my rent, car insurance, and student loans, oh and maybe some food.


I thought I was doing a good job not letting stress get to me, keeping a positive, optimistic outlook on things...but I guess my body thinks otherwise...maybe I was just hiding it. Maybe my body knows me better than I do.


It has been very challenging moving 3,000 miles away from everything I have ever known to try and start my "adult life." It's like the first day of college: I don't know anyone, I don't know what to expect, I don't know how anything works, I am on my own. It's like college except for the fact that it has stayed like this...hasn't gotten better (at least not yet...after 3 months) I still don't know anyone, still don't know what to expect, still don't know how anything works, I have no idea what the future holds.and am still on my own...I don't have daddy's credit card and I can't go home for the weekend.

I obviously understand that this is my choice to live out here and therefore I believe that this stress will pay off in the long run! It is hard to see that now...but I just know deep down that it will all work out! I am optimistic! I am scared! but I'm optimistic! I realize 3 months isn't that long...that is why I am still willing to stick it out.


ANYWAY......

I started knitting my blanket again...ya, the one I started in January, the one I haven't picked up since January. haha! I figure it probably won't be done until my baby is born. I was going to make it for my God child...but she will be 15 by the time I'm done (she is 2 right now)...so I'll just give it to my baby. hahaha! I just have to get Jesse to fall in love with me first...


Mandy and Dan will be here on Monday until Saturday! I am soooo excited for my first visitors from home! :)


New obsessions:
-Hershey's Symphony Chocolate bars with almonds and heath bar chips.
-Justin Bieber (well he's not new because I have loved him since spring 2008 when this little gem hit the internet and I made it my ring tone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQOFRZ1wNLw)Link-knitting blankets for my children
-skyping
-posting embarrassing videos of myself on people's facebook walls
-biggest loser
-Marie Hingada (my nugget landlord...who hates that I call her my landlord)
-"Whatcha Say"
-starbuck's peppermint white chocolate mocha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

singles, mingles, pringles, tingles....

like i spent all day with you and i still couldn't figure it out.

Unknown said...

can we skype while mandy and dan are there? and elise is here?! i think that would be great